--Search--

Friday, May 14, 2010

LD1 Field Trip



This is a missing blog post that never made it. This was for the week were we went of the Field Trip to the 2 art museums in the Cities. This was a fun week, I love to go on interesting trips. I have not been to these museums in a long time, so it was nice to see other artists work. But of the 2 museums I liked the second one better, the Animal / Bell Museum. I'm more of a Hands on learner, and you could handle anything on the 3rd floor. For the Drawing we had to do, I did a Elephant Bone. I picked this to draw because of the Very Interesting form.

Secondly we had to write about a piece of work from the Walker Art Center. I chose "My Studio #One:The Vagaries of Painting "these are sadder picture."" This was a very long oil painting of Random Translucent Vases/Glasses. This was done by Jim Dine in 1978. Its a very sad painting. the Perspective is VERY screwed up. It has a very interesting selection of objects, including a skull, some masks, and a lot of very stylized bottles. This was also the largest painting in the room by far, and that made if very Noticeable.

No comments:

Post a Comment