--Search--

Sunday, February 14, 2010

So for the last 2 week or so I have had this Shell sitting next to me on my Desk. It is a Larger Shell with a Spiral Spike Pattern on it. It is about 7 inches long and 4 inches at its widest point. Its a "Conch Shell" or Eustrombus gigas..this could be one of the Queen Conch Shells. Its got a very Grainy outter structure, and a couple of cracks along hte spikes. It weighs about 2 pounds.
This Shell at one point had a Hermit Crab or a Sea Snail in it. My guess it was a larger snail because ofhte size of the shell. The inside of the shell is very smooth!! I think this will be a fun object to draw, and will help alot with my drawing skills. I think the form is very Dynamic and Interesting to say the least.. Well im off to bed!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment